The Front Office Specialist will be required to provide exceptional customer service for our patients; check-in patients, verify insurance and collect appropriate funds for visits, in an extremely fast-paced work environment.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Answer phone calls, transfer to appropriate department/individual
- Book patient appointments and process walk-ins
- Confirm patient appointments for next clinic day
- Process patients’ paperwork, ensuring all fields and data is obtained
- Copy/scan patient insurance card & driver’s License into database
- Verify patients’ current insurance, obtain benefits and eligibility
- Scan patient information into eClinicalWorks
- Interact with patients regarding collection of funds for both current and past due amounts
- Balance cash drawer daily
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and presentation of the Office Lobby
- Responsible for organization and presentation of Front Desk area
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be computer literate; experience with EMR (Electronic Health Records) is preferred
- Must have excellent communication & customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Regular attendance and timeliness are essential functions of this position and require regular and punctual employee presence
- Ability to shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information (such as speech, sounds, touch or other sources)
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced work environment and maintain patient volume and flow
- Ability to multi-task and to change course of action or tasks as needed
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle pressure from patients, office staff and providers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 1 year Front Desk Specialist experience in Family Practice or Urgent Care Clinic
- Possess Time Management abilities
- General office skills required (ability to type, use calculator and other office equipment)
- Must have a positive and professional attitude
- Must be self-directed, exhibit team member attributes and have “customer-first” skills
- Extensive Knowledge and understanding of the following are required: Insurance benefits and verification processes, Patient balance collection processes, HIPAA, Texas Patient Privacy Laws
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Sedentary and usual office working conditions with little, if any, physical exertion or hazard; this job involves no greater exposure to blood, bodily fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor; the normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, bodily fluids or tissues
- Must be able to sit for 8 to 10 hours daily
- Minimal lifting (up to 20 lbs.)
- Minimal bending
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed sickly patients who are checking in for medical services.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, depending on patient flow.
- Office / HR Manager, Clinical Director, Medical Doctor
- This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Front Office Specialist position and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Job Types: Full-time