Accounts Payable Job Duties:
- Enter bills and other data into the accounting system to pay all company bills and keep accurate accounting records.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances, preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry, verifying documentation.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Assisting in processing Annual 1099’s
Candidate will have additional tasks that relate to assisting the practice administrator and administration team with various needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Analyzing Information
- Data Entry Skills
- Attention to Detail
- General Math Skills
- Financial Software – QuickBooks Preferred
- Reporting Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Candidates must have a minimum 1 year accounts payable experience