Oversees maintenance across all facilities (10 and counting) and manages contractor work and relationships. Ideal candidates will be outgoing and self-driven and be as comfortable behind the desk as they are visiting the various sites, engaging contractors and meeting with end-users. Hands-on experience preferred but not required.
- Must feel comfortable researching, interviewing and engaging with potential contractors
- Compare contractor quotes and contracts and negotiate as necessary
- Select contractors and maintain a Preferred Vendor List
- Oversee contractor work and ensure deliverables are met
- Track maintenance requests in spreadsheet or project management tool
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Comply with all organizational policies and procedures regarding ethical business practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Combines strong research skills and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable sending emails, scanning documents, using spreadsheets, word processing tools, docusign, etc
- Understanding of mechanical systems such as HVAC, Fire, Life and Safety Equipment
- Prior experience in facility maintenance, construction and/or healthcare
- Education Level Bachelors or higher
- Ability to perform manual repairs and basic maintenance tasks such as changing light bulbs, operating a drill, screw drive and other basic tools
- Position may require lifting objects or physical exertion
- Must be willing to travel between facilities