The Medical Assistant will be responsible for rooming patients, obtaining vitals and chief complaint or reason for clinic visit, and documenting into EMR system.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The responsibilities of a clinical (certified) medical assistant may include:
- Preparing patients for examinations: obtaining vitals, primary complaint and reason for visit and documenting into EMR system
- Obtaining medical histories
- Assisting the physician during examinations and may perform minor wound care, suture removal, ear lavages, sterile-tray setup and assisting the physician with other in-office procedures
- Drawing & administering injections
- Performing in-office testing including EKG’s, PFTs, Stress Tests, 6 Minute Walks
- Explaining medical procedures to patients
- Calling in prescriptions to pharmacies
- May collect laboratory specimens
- Sterilize medical instruments and clean and dispose of contaminated supplies
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be computer literate; experience with EMR (Electronic Health Records) is preferred
- Must have excellent communication & customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Regular attendance and timeliness are essential functions of this position and require regular and punctual employee presence
- Ability to shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information (such as speech, sounds, touch or other sources)
- Ability to work with clinical staff and handle pressure from more than one provider
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have thorough education and training in the basics of medical terminology
- Must have a minimum of 2 years clinical experience
- Must have specialized training in medical assisting
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant
- Must have a current CPR Certificate
- Preferred ER experience
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to walk, talk, see and hear. Reaching for medical equipment is required, along with occasional bending and stooping.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood and other bodily fluids, the use of needles which exposes the employee to punctures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, depending on patient flow.
- Office / HR Manager, Clinical Director, Medical Doctor
- Travel is required between facilities when needed.
- This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Medical Assistant position and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Job Type: Full-time