This position requires advanced Psychiatric Skill Sets. You must have experience prescribing and/or recommending psychotropic medications in a Psychiatric Setting.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who is licensed and has the correct credentials will provide diagnosis, treatment, consultation, and follow-up care of patients under the direct supervision of a physician. A nurse practitioner (NP) is a registered nurse (RN) who has completed advanced education (a minimum of a master’s degree) and training in the diagnosis and management of common medical conditions, including chronic illnesses. The NP can provide some of the same care provided by physicians and maintain close working relationships with physicians.
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Must be licensed in TX to practice as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with Psychiatric experience
- Must be a team-player
- Must be adaptive and flexible
· Aside from all the medical knowledge, Nurse Practitioners should also excel at certain soft skills; such as how to listen to a patient, communicate in a clear and respectful way, think on your feet and to be compassionate.
· Must be able to read, write and speak English
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Assistance with CMEs.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· NPs must be nationally registered as a nurse, and board-certified as a nurse practitioner, so that they will be specialized to work in many areas of medical care
- DEA License
- State-controlled substances License (if applicable)
- RN, BSN, MS or MSN degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Psychiatry
- Board eligibility or certification
· 4 years of RN degree and master’s degree in Nursing (2-4 additional years)
· Must be certified to practice
- BLS / ACLS and PALS Certification
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Required)
· These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
· While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
SOFT SKILLS / PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
· Outstanding bed-side manner with both children and adults
· Positive, energetic attitude which inspires other team members
· Sense of service and team orientation
· Desire to contribute to building and maintaining a great organization
· The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, depending on patient flow.
· Clinical Director, Medical Doctor (Owner)
· Medical Assistant or a team of medical staff
· This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner position and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Job Type: Full-time