Freestanding Emergency Room in Weatherford, TX is seeking to hire CT/Radiology Technologists for day and night shift.
Operates radiologic equipment to produce radiography and CT scans of body for diagnostic purposes. Additionally, assists Physician and Registered Nurse with basic patient care based on individual patient needs within the scope of practice under direct supervision of the Nursing Director.
- Provides supportive care to the patients under the direction of the registered nurse in charge and/or physician.
- Performs patient skill sets such as taking height and weight measurements, vital signs, IV initiations, blood draws, documenting as needed to assist the nurse and physician with patient care.
- Performs diagnostic testing using x-ray and/or computer tomography (CT scan) equipment in accordance with protocol.
- Produces a quality image and uploads such images for radiology reads/interpretations.
- Applies proper techniques and practices while performing diagnostic testing using radiology equipment and lab procedures.
- Reports lab and radiology results immediately to registered nurse and/or physician.
- Assists registered nurse and physicians with assessments, examinations and treatment.
- Performs other duties such as crutch walking, dressing changes and assisting physician with splint or cast application.
- Assists with moving, ambulating and lifting patients as needed.
- Communicates in an effective and efficient manner with all documentation, and with all coworkers, patients, visitors and physicians.
- Assists with the cleaning of the facility and radiology department to ensure a safe and sanitary work environment as well as maintains and prepares rooms between patients and procedures.
- May assist in various office duties such as front office registration activities, filing, shredding, scanning, data entry as needed or required by administrations.
- Monitors stock and re-stocks supplies as needed.
- Maintains policies and procedures established by regulatory standards.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively as a multidisciplinary team member; supports and assists team members in all activities.
- Regularly attend staff meetings and training sessions
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops; shows responsibility for ongoing education.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by Nurse Director.
- Meets dress code standards; appearance is neat and clean.
- Maintains all required certifications and licenses per regulatory standards.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains regulatory requirements for radiology and lab procedures.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Attends all staff meeting as scheduled by the Nurse Director.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Complies with all organizational policies and procedures regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility as well as the focus statement of the department.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Applied Science or equivalent with diploma/certification from accredited school of Radiology Technologist.
- Minimum two (2) years experience as Radiology Technologist at hospital or emergency room setting.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- ARRT Certification required.
- CPR/BLS Certification required.
- Current license from the Texas Department of State Health Service for Radiology Technologist required.
- Must be able to bend, lift, twist, and/or stand/walk for up to 12 hours daily.
Work Environment/Environmental Conditions:
- Physical exertion as well as hazardous work conditions; this position may involve exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time