$5000 SIGNING BONUS
JOB TITLE: REGISTERED NURSE _ Full time
DEPARTMENT: EMERGENCY REPORTS TO: NURSING DIRECTOR
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
The RN provides professional nursing care for patients in the emergency room.
The RN triages each patient and determines priority of care based on medical complaint or current symptoms. The RN promotes and restores patients’ health by completing the nursing process in collaboration with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
• Provides direct patient care by evaluating the medical complaint or current symptoms and report to physician.
• Works directly under physicians, assisting them during exams, procedures, diagnostic testing and treatments.
• Performs IV initiation/infusion/therapy, blood draws, cardiac monitoring, pulse oximetry, applies oxygen, administers nebulized treatment, cleans and bandages wounds, applies splints, and provides basic bedside care.
• Recognizes and effectively treats life-threatening conditions.
• Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments. This includes pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients and the general patient population.
• Uses triage process to ensure timely and appropriate care to patients.
Accurately assigns triage categories.
• Assists physicians with procedures including but not limited to laceration repair, any procedure requiring moderate sedation, incision and drainage, cardiac arrest, intubation, chest tube insertion, foreign body removal, live birth or spontaneous aborted fetus and tissue, records time of death and birth, assists Administrator in reporting death in the emergency room as needed.
• Prepares and administers medications ordered by the physician and records administration and such other relative data in the patient’s medical record.
• Interacts professionally with patient and family and involves patient and family in the formation of the plan of care.
• Reviews all discharge instructions with patient and takes vital signs prior to discharge to ensure patient is stable and records results in the patient medical record.
• Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environmental and infection prevention and control standards.
• Completes all necessary nursing documentation in accordance with policy and emergency room standards.
• Ensures an adequate stock of supplies and proper functioning of equipment.
• Records all patient medical care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in appropriate format and submits to Front
Desk Representative to enter in patient medical record.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops; shows responsibility for own professional practice and ongoing education.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by Nurse Director.
• Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
• Completes annual education requirements.
• Maintains all required certifications and licenses per regulatory standards.
• Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
• Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
• Attends annual review and department in-service, as scheduled.
• Attends all staff meeting as scheduled by the Nurse Director.
• Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner in the community.
• Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
• Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
• Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility.
Marginal / Non-essential Duties:
• Daily operations of the facility including but not limited to: maintenance, inventory, housekeeping, linen services, and proper function of the utilities.
Education and/or Experience:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with up to one (1) year of registered nurse and/or emergency room nursing experience.
• Current RN license and licensed to work in the state of Texas.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
• CPR/BLS Certification required.
• ACLS Certification required.
• PALS Certification required
• TNCC preferred but not required.
• ENA preferred but not required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent judgement skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Detail oriented with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work all shifts including day, evening, and weekend hours as needed.
• Knowledge of OSHA, HIPAA, and CLIA standards and requirements.
• Ability to accurately read and write medical terminology.
• Ability to work independently and in a public or clinic setting using sound judgement in a high-pressure environment while maintaining excellent patient care and customer service.
• Strong team player.
• Demonstrated knowledge and clinical skills necessary to provide high-quality patient care.
• Polite and professional demeanor.
• Must be able to bend, lift, twist, and/or stand/walk for up to 12 hours daily.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
Work Environment / Environmental Conditions:
• Physical exertion as well as hazardous work conditions; this may involve exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.
• Travel from one clinic to another is considered to be within the normal duties of the position.
– Competitive rates
– Option for flexible schedules or set schedules
– Full time, PRN day shift and night shift available
– Several Locations
– Healthy work environment
– Family oriented
– Opportunities for mission trips
– Signing Bonus
– Dental insurance
– Vision insurance
– Health insurance
Job Type: Full-time